Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
"JR. WATERSHED RANGER PROGRAM"
Ages 8 yrs. to 12 yrs.
Only 12 to 15 children to this class
Dates and Times to be announced soon.
contact: Bill Glover at 617-840-0178
HYDRILLA PHOTOS TO COLOR
GREAT WEBSITES TO EXPLORE
FOR BOTH KIDS AND ADULTS
"BUILD A CRITTER SCOPE"
Did you ever wonder what life is like under water? Well now is your chance to find out where different insects and their larvae or nymphs live in a stream. The critter scope is an exploring tool that can peek into the lifestyles of the wet and wiggly world.
- a can opener
- a clean coffee can or large juice can
- waterproof tape or duct tape
- clear plastic wrap
- a large and strong rubber band
1. Carefully remove both ends of the can and cover sharp edges with tape. (Have an adult help you)
2. Place plastic wrap around one end of the can, leaving about one inch extra around the edge.
3. Put a rubber band around the can and plastic to keep the plastic wrap tight.
4. Cut excess plastic wrap away and put tape over the rubber band and plastic wrap.
5. Take your critter scope for a test run in a sink. Look through the open end and place the closed end (the one with the plastic on it) in the water.
6. Now you are able to visit the wet and wiggly world of a pond's edge or stream.
Information from EPA's website.